- Loud snoring followed by momentary silence
- Silence is followed by a gasping or choking sound
- Sleep feels restless or fitful
- A “full night’s sleep” is not restorative and excessive drowsiness persists during the day
- Persistent irritability and moodiness
- Feelings of depression develop or worsen
- Memory and cognitive skills decline
- “Clumsy” accidents occur
The symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea need attention. This condition, if not properly treated, can have devastating effects on your health, increasing the risk for cardiovascular events and more.
At Smileology, we offer non-invasive, comfortable, and proven treatment for obstructive sleep apnea and chronic snoring. CPAP is the gold standard, but many cannot wear the CPAP comfortably. Oral appliance therapy is a wonderful alternative to those who cannot wear CPAP medical therapy, which many patients find physically or psychologically uncomfortable.